Sunday, October 7, 2007

MUSING: Tapping and the Law of Attraction - Paradox?

A reader recently wrote in to suggest that maybe I should tap positive statements rather than focusing on the problem. I'm so glad you wrote in because this very topic has been the subject of many a conversation - both with myself in my own mind and with many clients.

As any long-time student of the Law of Attraction knows, you're supposed to put your attention on what you want, NOT what you don't want. And yet, EFT (a.k.a. tapping) always has you create a set-up statement that identifies the problem. AND we're supposed to tap, while repeating the problem. Now it is important to note that the set-up statement is supposed to be created in such a way that the problem is ALWAYS balanced out with a positive affirmation.

For a while I had trouble reconciling my law of attraction studies with the EFT modality, where one deliberate puts attention on what they don't want in order to clear its energy.

I'm certainly not an expert on EFT, but for now, I've reconciled this seeming paradox in the following way: We draw into our lives the physical equivalent of our VIBRATION. For this reason, affirmation don't always work. If our vibration is not in alignment with our words, the affirmation is useless (for more information on creating affirmations that REALLY work keep an eye out for my soon-to-be-released home study program: How to Get Results with the Law of Attraction TM).

When we create our set up statement our intention and our vibration is in alignment with healing. And so, our consciousness is in alignment with the benefit of tapping on the appropriate meridians.

I've order all the EFT training cds, but haven't had a chance to watch them all yet. Anyone who has wisdom to offer on the subject, please do!

What I can say is that tapping works for many. I'm still experimenting with it. Sometimes it seems to work in profound ways, other times not. For this reason, I've long been a fan of the deeper origin work that I've studies and use in my practice. Modalities like: Dynamic Energetic Healing, the Yuen Method, and Resonance Repatterning to name a few.

The journey continues.

Choose Your Reality!

Sonia

For more FREE resources and articles go to: www.SuccessForTheSoul.com and www.SoniaMillersSoulFoodEzine.com.

2 comments:

scramble68 said...

Sonia,
I thought that was an excellent post and emphasized the power of the mind and positive visualization.

The Healing Fountain

NatalieTimmons said...

I believe EFT helps with the LOA because it helps us accept our current state of feelings and RELEASE them. The releasing allows a higher vibration, which enables us to attract more what we really want.