Sunday, May 27, 2007

ARTICLE: The Power of "I Don't Know"

Recently, I was reminded of The Power of I Don’t Know. I’ve been working on my own personal dream of publishing my first book for years now. So, the latest hoop I’ve been jumping through is trying to come up with the perfect title. Sweet Source! Have I been frustrated! I’ve run my book and titles by numerous early reviewers and everyone has an opinion! Boy, if we could only fuel our country on opinions we’d end every energy crisis, the war, and global warming (although our atmosphere might spike in temperature with all the hot air). Can you tell I’m exasperated?

Anyway, here’s the spiritual rub: after trying to control the (#@%!) out of the process and make everyone happy, including the marketing expert, I remembered The Power of I Don’t Know. In my earlier days of chasing big life dreams, my mentors guided me with this wisdom:

When you’re going for your big dreams, and you don’t know how to proceed or what to believe…

1) Accept when you just don’t know. Embrace it. Surrender. Declare, “I don’t know what I’m doing.” (It will be very liberating!)

2) Let it be okay. You WILL find your answers – not by trying to hunt them down and grab them, but by letting them come to you.

3) THEN, gather information. Gather, gather, gather every perspective and opinion, and take it only as information. Don’t try to figure out which one is right. Just gather.

4) You’ll know you’ve gathered enough information, when things get repetitive. When you no longer hear anything new, it is time to turn within.

5) Then, in the stillness of I don’t know, see what feels right for you, trust it and go with it.

In the world of metaphysics, there is no right or wrong. There is only allowing and resistance. As long as you get caught up in right/wrong thinking, you’ll be inviting resistance. If, however, you go with what feels true for you, you will allow your soul to guide you every step of the way.

So, what’s my book title? It is a combination of several opinions and perspectives. But must importantly, it is what feels true and right for me. The rest is up to Source! And I intend to keep allowing Source to do its magic!

Choose Your Reality,

Sonia

For more FREE articles and resources go to: www.SuccessForTheSoul.com

No comments: